- Bigiw Regatta is always one of the special highlights during the Araw ng Samal. This is an event where local fisherfolks compete to show their athleticism, skill and paddling speed using sailboats known as locally known as “bangka”.
- Caracoles, a sundown to sunrise festival of shells celebrated every last week of April.
- Kabasan it is a celebration commemorating the foundation of the municipality of Babak District held every 28th day of May.
- Regatta it is a fluvial parade in the sea followed by a boat sailing competition annually celebrated on the month of March.
White Nights Festival
- White Nights, a sunrise to sunset celebration of the founding day of the municipality of Kaputian District, every 18th of June.
- Samal Festival is an annual celebration of the founding of the city, March 1-7.
- Pangapog Festival is a festival of thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest and overflowing of blessings.